Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Global Vice President of Business Development, the Senior Coordinator (Senior Director) of Lease Administration is responsible for overseeing and maintaining the company’s Lease Administration functions including creating the vision, strategy and overall timely and accurate execution of all activities related to lease administration and the lease administration team. Ensures all lease/sub-leases are properly administered, maximizes the benefits available to the company, ensures the accuracy of the lease is adhered to (related to what Lease Admin is responsible for) as well as any associated items, and provides ongoing support for global, regions, and stores including both operations, accounting, and leadership.
Ensures team has process and procedures for all new and updated leases to be set-up and maintained including all documents, to include key data and key dates, in Tango timely and accurately. Ensures the calculations for base rent, subtenant billing, % rent, co-tenancy monitoring, TI allowance tracking, tax review and protests are timely with tracking and monitoring, provides scorecard of results, and handles other occupancy related charges as needed, and ensures accruals are processed accurately each period reconciling Tango with accounting.
Oversees CAM/Tax reconciliations for properties assigned to team members and oversees desk-top audit process and administration of account reconciliations received from landlords including, but not limited to review and computation of rent, common area maintenance (CAM), insurance and property tax billings, as well as other charges. Oversees all lease administration related to dark space including payment of bills ensuring they are accurate and determines accruals for missing bills, and quarterly reserve processing. Provides reporting and analysis to enable critical lease decisions.
- Provide ongoing communication, coordination and leadership with team, regions and accounting for planning as it relates to Lease Admin functions and ensure positive relationships with key business partners and customers.
- Work closely with Lease Admin team members to develop quarterly goals and perform annual job dialogs.
- Monitor ongoing workload of the team members and team overall to determine adjustments and needs.
- Oversee hiring process for new team members including interview process, initial training plan, and on-going career development.
- Develop and maintain properties assigned to team members including reconciliation schedule for all locations.
- Develop, assign and monitor peer review process. Ensure ongoing training for team members.
- Review and approve weekly/monthly payment batches up to dollar limit allowed.
- Oversee and ensure the Tango System and other systems and tools as needed to ensure most advanced tools, tracking, and analysis in place for future development. Responsible for continuously improving these systems, tools and processes. Oversee software vendor relationships and seek out new software and modifications to continually improve IT systems working closely with WFM IT leadership.
- Oversee tax review and protest process and monitor outside consultant relationships.
- Provide regular monthly/period reporting and ad hoc as needed for the team, regions and leadership.
- Provide information as needed for WFLN updates and other leadership as needed.
- Signs-off on payments to landlords related to occupancy, oversees payments of base rent, and CAM/taxes for reconciliations performed
- Develops accurate annual plan for occupancy and other miscellaneous payments and income received in conjunction with accounting as needed.
- Maintains process and procedures documents for all aspects of lease administration and ensures timeliness and accuracy of entire lease administration process, including interfaces with accounting and construction. Hold review meetings as needed.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the lease provisions including renewals and other key terms.
- Coordinates quarterly and annual budget process for the Growth & Business Development team, including data entry into the budget tool, reporting and analysis on budget-to-actual metrics, resource planning and summarizing for Executive leadership review.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, including special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8-10+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience focused on real estate, property management, and/or accounting.
- Commitment to WFMs mission, core values and company culture.
- Ability to review, interprets, understand and analyze retail lease language.
- Ability to prepare, review, interpret, understand and analyze audits.
- Understanding of financial practices and terminology.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to bring a team together with 4-6 years of prior leadership experience.
- Ability to develop strengths in each team member, provide appropriate feedback, and support team member development.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to multi-task in an organized manner.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel and lease administration software (preferably Tango).
- Excellent communication including written, verbal and listening skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret correspondence, journals/articles and legal documents.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and group situations involving leadership and/or Team Members.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure; ability to calculate averages and percentages; ability to create and interpret graphs; ability to reconcile lease accounts.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to not disclose confidential information.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to travel 10%+.
- Knowledge of Whole Foods Market and the ability to effectively represent the interests of the company.
If you are interested in this role, please apply here.
Whole Foods Market is synonymous with impeccable standards and the highest quality products available. We deliver a promise that our customers are getting the best, freshest offerings every time they walk into any of our stores.
It’s a place where you can step into work and have a positive impact on your community – no matter where you live or what your role is. Over 87,000 Whole Foods team members found their home here, helping neighbors live healthier lives.
And our work is rewarded daily. Whole Foods has been on Fortune’s Best Places to Work list every year for 20 years straight. Only 12 companies have achieved this. Ever. And it’s because of the atmosphere we’ve built to promote team member happiness and excellence. Part-timer or life-longer, there’s plenty of opportunity for everyone to make an impact.
Come work with us and see how much you can love your job firsthand. When you combine passion and purpose, you can do great things.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on their qualifications for the position to be filled.