Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you’ll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
The Property Manager, Lease Auditor will be in our Petco San Antonio, TX office. The successful candidate will be responsible for lease compliance of all Petco stores including auditing, co-tenancy and operating costs associated with common area maintenance, property taxes, insurance and other costs; and interpreting lease terms and conditions for Management and the accounting department as needed.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Analyze data such as lease terms and provisions, determine appropriate course of action and negotiate and implement solutions.
- Maintain property by investigating and resolving tenant issues with landlords such as accounts receivable inquiries, sales reporting requirements, lease compliance violations (exclusives, restricted use, co-tenancy, etc.)
- Review operating cost estimates and billings. Process and audit annual landlord reconciliation invoices for common area maintenance, real estate taxes, insurance, utilities, percent rent, etc. to identify obvious overcharges. Obtain detailed documentation to validate all expenses charged; provides clear and precise audit results.
- Manage subtenants. Ensure rents and additional rents are billed and collected timely as well as compliancy with local laws, ordinances, and obligations under the master lease. Issue default notices and enforce as applicable.
- Provides support and answers questions that impact lease accounting during month-end close.
- Support Real Estate regarding the issuance of estoppel certificates/documentation requests in regards to missing recons and audit findings disputes.
- Advise Real Estate of unfavorable lease language related to occupancy costs and recommend improvements when leases are up for renewal or renegotiation.
- Act as an advocate for lower costs and more efficient processes.
- Assure amicable landlord-tenant relationships are maintained while settling disputes for assigned stores.
- Assist Property Manager – Lease Administration in regards to store closing process by ensuring all year end reconciliations are received and account reconciliations are performed.
The majority of job duties are performed while seated indoors with little or no exposure to hazards
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience; in addition, a strong accounting background is strongly preferred.
- 5 years experience in professional level commercial real estate, construction and property management and 5 years supervisory experience.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in CAM auditing and “NNN” leases, cost accounting and other lease administration functions including rent commencement activities, and a strong working knowledge of construction terminology and practices so that the property manager can act as liaison between construction and maintenance personnel and landlord, and the ability to draft and negotiate lease amendments and renewals.
- Position requires excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation and organizational skills and the ability to negotiate disputes while maintaining good relationships with the landlords and to interact with managers in other Petco departments to develop and maintain best practices.
If interested in this position, click here https://careers.petco.com/ and reference req# 19008166.