Job Summary: Reporting to the Supervisor of Real Estate Portfolio Management, the Property Management Associate (“PMA”) is responsible for day-to-day property management functions including, but not limited to, negotiations, conflict resolution, desktop audits and contract management.
- Negotiate assigned lease renewals and extensions in support of key business objectives and to ensure business continuity.
- Perform desktop audits on stores with high operating expenses (eg., central business district leases), report findings, and resolve billing conflicts with landlords. Recommend stores for third party, comprehensive audit.
- Partner and collaborate with Accounting teams to research, reconcile and report on monthly budget variances.
- Partner and collaborate with internal stakeholders on field related issues; negotiate win-win outcomes with neighbors, local businesses and government authorities in alignment with Wawa’s values.
- Interpret contractual obligations for internal stakeholders, and partner with them to amicably resolve landlord/tenant conflicts per the lease; re-negotiate terms based on changing business needs or ambiguous language. Escalate unresolved disputes to Supervisor.
- Partner with facilities to ensure ongoing maintenance of non-operating properties until disposal. Prior to expiration/surrender, ensure property is prepared for turnover per the terms of the lease by a physical inspection, and perform a final walk through of the space with the landlord for surrender.
- Negotiate sales for on-going businesses, condemnations and easements as assigned.
- Partner with third party service providers for Lease, CAM and Tax to support cost saving initiatives through due diligence, research, reconciliations, etc.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, landlords, tenants, government authorities, brokers, service providers.
- Maintain data requirements for property management to ensure accurate, consistent and reliable reporting.
- Communicate effectively
- Good negotiating skills
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to read, understand and interpret lease contracts (including easements, sale agreements, association docs, etc), property surveys, site plans and building plans
- Solid understanding of property management practices, tax appeals and CAM programs
- Good time management, organization and ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours including evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to embrace change and an environment of continuous learning
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, retail real estate experience preferred
- Advanced in Microsoft Office Suite
If interested in applying for this position, click here https://wawa.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/WAWA—Wawa-Inc—Corporate-Office/Property-Management-Associate_JR101349