Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you’ll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Position Purpose: The Lease Compliance Auditor – Property Management can be a remote position within the U.S. for Petco. The successful candidate will be responsible for lease compliance of an assigned portfolio of Petco stores to accurately and timely enforce lease provisions between the Company and its landlords including auditing co-tenancy and operating costs associated with common area maintenance, property taxes, insurance and other costs; and interpreting lease terms and conditions for Management and the accounting department as needed.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Audit annual landlord reconciliation invoices for common area maintenance, real estate taxes, insurance, etc. to identify overcharges. Obtain detailed documentation to validate all expenses charged; provide clear and precise audit results.
- Responsible for collection of overcharges resulting from said audit findings. Negotiate with landlords for timely resolution of all issues.
- Analyze operating cost estimates and billings. Act as an advocate for lower costs and more efficient processes.
- Advise Manager of unfavorable lease language related to occupancy costs and recommend improvements when leases are up for renewal, renegotiation or during use waiver requests.
- Provide support to Legal, Real Estate Directors and other partners that affect estoppels, renewals, amendments, use waivers or other deal negotiations.
- Assist Property Manager – Lease Administration in regard to store closing process by ensuring all year end reconciliations are received.
- Collect required documentation from Landlords necessary to effectively conduct compliance audit; validate information in TRIRIGA and ensuring its accuracy.
- Prepare supporting compliance spreadsheets; validate information in TRIRIGA is accurate or enter as necessary.
- Create and deliver reports to Manager, Property Management-Lease Compliance to increase productivity and efficiency of role.
- Partner closely with Property Managers and Property Management Projects Analyst.
- Assure amicable landlord-tenant relationships are maintained while settling disputes for assigned territory.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests.
- Independently prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes.
Nature of Supervision: General instruction is provided on some, but not all tasks to be performed. In addition, the Lease Compliance Auditor is responsible for completing non-routine assignments and projects that may last for extended periods of time without regular supervisory guidance or direction.
Impact: Responsible for the NNN auditing, which saves the company over $6,000,000.00 per year.
Work Environment: The majority of job duties are performed while seated indoors with little or no exposure to hazards.
Contacts: Due to the nature of this position, the Lease Compliance Auditor will have a great deal of contact both within and outside the company, ranging anywhere from the routine exchange of information to the resolution of complex problems. Contacts within the Company will consist primarily with Legal and Accounting, while outside contacts will consist of landlords and their attorneys.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience, with a strong accounting background strongly preferred.
- 5 years experience in professional level commercial real estate/lease audit.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in CAM auditing and “NNN” leases, cost accounting.
- Position requires excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation and organizational skills and the ability to negotiate disputes while maintaining good relationships with the landlords and to interact with managers in other Petco departments to develop and maintain best practices.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the following link https://careers.petco.com and reference req#20021249.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.