Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists.
Our Corporate Real Estate team is seeking a Lease Administrator to support our needs for management of commercial real estate data and critical date management. This role will maintain and administer leased and owned property files and records; maintain the real property database and provide administrative support to the Lease Administration Manager.
- Monitors the company’s leasing activity, performs related analyses and communicating with other teams as business relates to leases for all sites
- Coordinate lease abstracts and complete the efficient and accurate entry of data into selected database management software
- Analyze, evaluate, and maintain real property leases and records relating to all real property lease (and sublease) files, including verifying real estate transactions with Accounts Payable and answering lease related questions
- Handle and provide follow up on typical lease related issues; CAM reconciliations, requests for repairs, billings, insurance requests, and requests for documents; provide research and interpret lease language
- Prepare and maintain monthly and quarterly reports
- Coordinate with outside Insurance broker to obtain certificates of insurance
- Proactively monitor critical lease dates
- Verify and reconcile payment of rents and miscellaneous invoices
- Process new lease documents, lease amendments and extensions/renewals in coordination
- Audit existing information in lease database system for accuracy
- Review and process all rent adjustments, insuring proper documentation
- Additional projects as assigned
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
• Ability to critically analyze lease activity, accounts receivables, prepayments, and related property accounting activity
• Strong computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Windows applications, with strong MS Excel experience. Familiarity with billing/property
management and/or lease administration software
• Strong team player with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of management, staff and external service providers.
• Self-motivated, able to take initiative and work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion.
• Able to manage time efficiently, prioritize effectively and handle multiple projects and deadlines, while ensuring that work product is accurate, thorough,
• Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; meets
• Writes clearly and informatively
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions
• Attention to detail; accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize, follow-up and bring projects to conclusion
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with
frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
• Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate or Accounting/Finance preferred, but not required.
• College or technical school courses in Accounting, Real Estate, Business Administration or related preferred
Typical Range of Experience
• Minimum 3-5 years’ real estate experience, including reviewing and analyzing commercial real estate leases
• Experience in Real Estate, Commercial/Corporate Real Estate preferred
First American invests in its employees’ development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
If interested in applying for this position, click on the following link https://careers.firstam.com/job/10537172/lease-administrator-santa-ana-ca/