Bed Bath & Beyond’s Real Estate Accounting team is looking for a Manager to assist in the department’s overall needs for all of our concepts both domestically and internationally. The team works in a fast paced and collaborative environment and will work closely with various other business channels, as necessary, to obtain the necessary information required to perform the functions of the group.
Team up with Bed Bath & Beyond, an omnichannel retailer offering high quality and differentiated products, and services and solutions for the home and heart-felt life events through its multiple retail channels. We are looking for people who are hungry for both professional and personal growth!
Responsibilities will include:
- Monthly responsibilities include the close process which encompasses –
- Prepare/update monthly Journal Entries in compliance with 842 Accounting Standards
- Prepare monthly Right of Use Asset and Lease Liability reconciliations
- Prepare a monthly Rollforward of all applicable accounts to assist in SEC reporting
- Prepare budget estimates for all occupancy expenses, including preparing assumptions summaries and updating estimates throughout the fiscal year.
- Assist in Quarterly Disclosures relating to the Right of Use Asset and Lease Liability
- Provide relevant information for the Quarterly Impairment analysis
- Manage the relationship between the Real Estate Accounting group and the other departments, as necessary.
- Assist in preparing analyses for quarterly review and annual audit by external auditors.
- Assist in preparing analyses for SEC reporting and internal management reporting for occupancy cost.
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance workflow.
- Perform ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with knowledge of GAAP; CPA candidate a plus
- Strong accounting background with 3-5 plus years of related experience, Retail experience is a major plus.
- Knowledgeable in general accounting, internal controls and budgeting/forecasting.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, communicate progress, develop a plan and execute effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be willing and able to interact with and present to all levels of the organization in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be results-oriented and be able to juggle multiple priorities with limited supervision.
- Must have a hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize responsibilities accordingly.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Detail oriented individual.
- Excellent computer skills including expertise in MS Excel.
If interested in applying for this position, please click on the following link https://bbby.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/bed_bath_beyond_careers/job/NJ-Union-650-Liberty-Ave–07083/Accounting-Manager—Real-Estate_R-0076244
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.