Franchise Lease Administrator II
TBC CorporationLocated in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
This position assists the Franchise Lease Administration team and Real Estate Accounting team in the management of the Franchise portfolio; tracking lease and sublease renewals, tracking Conditional Agreements, computing and processing monthly rent, and weekly check runs. Aiding Real Estate Accounting as needed with the reconciling general ledger accounts pertaining to real estate lease functions such as CAM, taxes, accrued rents etc. Requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits.
- Ensure that the billing records associated with lease and sublease obligations are kept current and billed accurately. Research balances on invoices that are past due to maintain current accounts with the landlord.
- Report lease and sublease expirations and notice requirement dates.
- Assist Real Estate Management Department with property sales.
- Assist in monthly rent adjustments for property locations and any editing to the property accounts.
- Processes the monthly CAMs (Common Area Maintenance, Insurance, Real Estate Tax) when received, includes verifying and reconciliations with supporting detail for all of the Midas locations. Provide the reconciliations to the appropriate Lease Admin for review and payment processing. Update the CAM Tracker with date received and status.
- Review and verify changes for the changes to monthly CAM payments (CAM, INS, RET) and submit to Lease Admin for review and payment processing.
- Create monthly and one time reports, review and process the changes for rent processing. Add comments as required per TBC Standard, ensuring the reports are completed when scheduled. Review payments to ensure adjusting journal entries are not required.
- Ensure payments to the landlords have an offset to the franchisee as stated in the legal documents.
- Request Insurance Certificates for Landlords, Mortgagees, Management companies to ensure limits and lease requirements are met.
- Process the Canada leases and subleases, to ensure the differences in lease terms between US and Canada are followed, including but not limited to currency, notice dates, delivery options, and payment of real estate taxes.
- Request, assist and/or review various types of legal documents.
- Assist Facilities with condemnations.
- Assist with preparation of new store development leases, shop sales and/or control documentation.
- Communicate with Landlords, franchisees, governmental agencies, and others (including internal customers) daily to answer questions, provide information, and resolve issues and questions about properties.
- Attend development and other meetings: report findings back to team.
- Cope successfully with diversity and complexity.
- Work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks, set and meet project timetables.
- Various duties as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Ensure compliance with legal and ethical standards.
- Support company’s safety standards.
- Support company’s harassment-free work environment policy.
- Support TBC Vision, Mission and Values.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have 4 years of experience in lease administration or related real estate activity, knowledge of legal real estate documents and processes, and a solid understanding of real estate accounting principles and practices.
- Must have 3 years in house real estate experience
- Must be advanced or expert in the use of a computer and have strong proficiency in Excel, Word, and SAP.
- Strong telephone, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, employees, business and government agencies.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits.
- Must cope successfully with diversity and complexity.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks, set and meet project timetables.
- Must be able to work on many different projects at one time and have an organized approach to completing tasks.
- Must work independently and be detailed oriented.
- Excellent time management, strong communication skills, technology, analytical and organizational skills.
Education: Accounting degree preferred.
If interested in this position, please contact email@example.com
(Posted on: Feb 15, 2018)Back to all Jobs
About Job Listings
As a service to its members, the NRTA publishes professional opportunities in the Lease Management, Property Management, Rent Accounting, Lease Audit, and other Development/Real Estate related areas on this site. If interested in posting a position, please contact the NRTA office directly.
NRTA will charge $275.00 per job posting. Listings will remain on the page for a period of ninety (90) days unless otherwise notified.
Opportunities appearing on this page are presented as a service to member companies, and in no way should be construed as an endorsement of the positions or employers by the NRTA.