Manager of Property Management & Surplus Property
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc.Located in San Antonio, TX
Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
The Manager of Property Management & Surplus Property in our San Antonio, TX office, will be responsible for property management of all 1,500+ Petco stores, managing and supervising property managers/lease administrators in management and administration of the stores, including but not limited to: maintain monthly rents and NNN charges; liaison between District Managers/Vice President of Regional Operations and landlords on store maintenance issues; monitor operating costs associated with common area maintenance, property taxes, insurance and other costs; and interpret lease terms and conditions for District Managers/Vice President of Regional Operations and accounting department as needed. Supervise lease renewal documentation, store closings and lease expirations. Also responsible for the management of departmental database, and oversight of outside brokers, successful marketing, sub-lease negotiations and disposition of closed stores or excess space in the control of the company.
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Reviews and approves all payables processed by Property Managers to ensure timely payments to Landlords.
- Manage the property management duties involved in store closings and lease expirations insuring timely turnback of premises.
- Manage the completion of all new leases, amendments, and renewals; updating of the database with all leasing information.
- Respond to inquiries regarding lease rights and explanation of lease terminology from outside departments on behalf of Property Managers.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the department software database and provide ongoing administrative support for all departments that utilize the system.
- Provide guidance to direct reports as questions arise regarding leasing issues.
- Analyze data such as lease terms and provisions, determine appropriate course of action and negotiate and implement solutions.
- Negotiate modifications to leases for use variance requests and updating signage rights; drafting letter agreements stating the terms.
- Handle more complex subtenant issues, such as evictions.
- Respond to VPROs and DMs on more complex store maintenance and operation issues.
- Supervise the preparation of yearly budgets for all subleased stores for Base Rent, CAM, Taxes, Insurance, along with the monthly billings and annual reconciliations.
- Manage the efforts of outside brokers to successfully market and dispose of excess space or closed stores in the possession of the company. Report progress to VP of Real Estate Monthly as well as Lease Accounting.
Directly manage lower level Real Estate staff. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, mentoring/coaching, providing functional guidance, assignment delegation and follow-through, and, partnering with Human Resources, discipline up to and including termination.
The majority of job duties are performed while seated indoors with little or no exposure to hazards. Some travel to visit surplus sites or problem properties may be required.
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience, with a strong accounting background.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in professional level commercial real estate, construction and property management is required, with supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in CAM auditing and “NNN” leases, cost accounting and other lease administration functions including rent commencement activities, and a strong working knowledge of construction terminology and practices so that the property manager can act as liaison between construction and maintenance personnel and landlord, and the ability to draft and negotiate lease amendments and renewals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation and organizational skills and the ability to negotiate disputes while maintaining good relationships with the landlords and to interact with managers in other Petco departments to develop and maintain best practices.
If interested in this position, please click on the following link
(Posted on: Feb 12, 2018)Back to all Jobs
About Job Listings
As a service to its members, the NRTA publishes professional opportunities in the Lease Management, Property Management, Rent Accounting, Lease Audit, and other Development/Real Estate related areas on this site. If interested in posting a position, please contact the NRTA office directly.
NRTA will charge $275.00 per job posting. Listings will remain on the page for a period of ninety (90) days unless otherwise notified.
Opportunities appearing on this page are presented as a service to member companies, and in no way should be construed as an endorsement of the positions or employers by the NRTA.