Manager, Property Management-Renew & Co-Tenancy
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc.Located in San Antonio, TX
Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
The Manager of Property Management Renew & Co-Tenancy will be in our San Antonio, TX office and be responsible for managing the renewal and co-tenancy process for 1500+ PETCO stores, managing and supervising property management project and co-tenancy coordinators, including but not limited to: maintaining monthly reporting and Tririga database; partnering closely with Construction Directors, Director of Property Management, Property Management Managers, Real Estate Directors, Legal and Vice President of RE. Responsible for addressing and resolving co-tenancy violations with Landlords. Also responsible for the management and oversight of outside brokers, successful marketing, and sub-lease negotiations.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Manage renewal process. Verify option dates in database are correct. Address problematic lease clauses and provide recommended language to applicable negotiator. Act as a liaison between Legal, Real Estate Analysts and Real Estate Directors to assist in preparing information presented for REC.
- Manage the efforts of outside brokers to successfully market and dispose of excess space or closed stores in the possession of the company. Report progress to VP of Real Estate as well as Lease Accounting monthly.
- Manage co-tenancy process as well as report violations and potential violations monthly to Accounting, Marketing, Auditors, Real Estate Directors and, Executives. Ensure that Co-tenancy Coordinator obtains annual tenant rosters, corresponds and follows up with Landlords to obtain relevant information. Ensure integrity of database in regards to cotenants and clauses; alternate rent terms; and termination date (if applicable.)
- Partner with remodel team to ensure there is applicable term prior to communicating with Landlords requesting approvals. Manage the Landlord approval process.
- Manage the Use Projects process. Ensure accurate lease compliance and identify potential restrictions.
- Respond to inquiries regarding lease rights and explanation of lease terminology from outside departments.
- Provide guidance to direct reports as questions arise regarding issues.
Supervisory Responsibility: Directly manage lower level Property Management staff. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, mentoring/coaching, providing functional guidance, assignment delegation and follow-through, and, partnering with Human Resources, discipline up to and including termination.
The majority of job duties are performed while seated indoors with little or no exposure to hazards. Some travel to visit surplus sites or problem properties may be required.
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience, with an Accounting background preferred.
- 7 years experience in professional level commercial real estate, construction and lease administration is required, with supervisory experience.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in auditing, “NNN” leases; cost accounting; lease administration functions including rent commencement activities; working knowledge of construction terminology and practices; and the ability to draft and negotiate lease documents so that the manager can act as liaison between construction, real estate, legal, brokers and landlord.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation and organizational skills and the ability to negotiate disputes while maintaining good relationships with the landlords.
- Interact with managers in other Petco departments to develop and maintain best practices.
If interested in this position, please click on the following link https://careers.petco.com/job/7783138/manager-property-management-renewals-co-tenancy-san-antonio-tx/
(Posted on: Oct 25, 2017)Back to all Jobs
About Job Listings
As a service to its members, the NRTA publishes professional opportunities in the Lease Management, Property Management, Rent Accounting, Lease Audit, and other Development/Real Estate related areas on this site. If interested in posting a position, please contact the NRTA office directly.
NRTA will charge $275.00 per job posting. Listings will remain on the page for a period of ninety (90) days unless otherwise notified.
Opportunities appearing on this page are presented as a service to member companies, and in no way should be construed as an endorsement of the positions or employers by the NRTA.