Property Manager/Lease Administrator
Petco Animal SuppliesLocated in San Antonio, TX
Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Property Manager/Lease Administrator Position:
Responsible for property management and lease administration of all PETCO retail stores, distribution centers and corporate offices, including but not limited to: lease abstracting; monthly rent payment processing; liaison between District Managers/VPROs and landlords on store maintenance issues; and interpretation of lease terms and conditions for District Managers/VPROs, accounting and other internal departments as needed.
Essential Job Functions:The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Lease abstraction of rent streams, critical dates and critical date notifications in lease administration database.
- Monthly review of rent variances to ensure lease compliance and timely payment of all rent and additional charges to landlords.
- Interpret lease provisions to determine responsibility for store maintenance and repair issues and coordinate resolution through completion, as well as resolve store maintenance issues referred by the store maintenance department, VPROs, District and Store Managers. Determine PETCO’s responsibility and act as the liaison with landlords for items that are the landlord's responsibility.
- Manage subleases by assuming landlord responsibilities to ensure all subtenants are compliant with local laws, ordinances, repair and maintenance obligations due under the master lease.
- Facilitate the store closing and lease expiration process by acting as liaison with landlords to ensure timely turn back of premises and return of security deposits.
- Maintain database for lease renewals and critical date notifications, coordinating with Sr. Property Managers and Real Estate Directors as necessary.
- Analyze data such as lease terms and provisions for co-tenancy violation issues, determine appropriate course of action and negotiate and implement solutions.
- Collection of tenant improvement allowances from landlords, working with internal construction team to fulfill requirements for reimbursement.
- Interpret lease provisions to determine responsibility for gross sales reporting and coordinate timely submittal with internal sales audit team.
The majority of job duties are performed while seated indoors with little or no exposure to hazards.
A qualified applicant to this position will have a high school diploma or GED while a four-year college degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred. A minimum of five years’ experience in commercial real estate, construction and property management is required. A qualified applicant will also have a working knowledge of retail and/or commercial leases, rent accounting and other lease administration functions and a working knowledge of construction terminology and practices so that the property manager can act as liaison between construction personnel and landlord.. Position requires excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation and organizational skills.
If interested in this position, please apply through the link below:
(Posted on: May 16, 2017)Back to all Jobs
About Job Listings
As a service to its members, the NRTA publishes professional opportunities in the Lease Management, Property Management, Rent Accounting, Lease Audit, and other Development/Real Estate related areas on this site. If interested in posting a position, please contact the NRTA office directly.
NRTA will charge $225.00 per job posting. Listings will remain on the page for a period of ninety (90) days unless otherwise notified.
Opportunities appearing on this page are presented as a service to member companies, and in no way should be construed as an endorsement of the positions or employers by the NRTA.