Area Attractions Information
Rich in cultural history, New Orleans offers a multitude of things to experience; many within walking distance of the New Orleans Marriott. Here is a partial list of some of the better-known attractions:
- National WWII Museum - fascinating world history awaits you here
- Audubon Aquarium of the Americas - marvel at sting rays, giant sharks, other sea creatures
- Jackson Square - noted for live music events and festivals, you can also find several tours starting here.
- French Quarter / Bourbon Street - savory Cajun and Creole food. Music halls. Dancing. Distinct neighborhoods and eclectic architecture.
- St. Louis Cathedral - one of New Orleans' most notable landmarks. Open daily from 8:30am-4:00pm. Self-guided and impromptu docent tours are available
- Cafe du Monde - world famous café au lait and beignets. Need we say more?!
- French Market - 3 centuries of history. 6 blocks of shopping. Open daily 10am-6pm
- Garden District / St. Charles Avenue - join in on a garden tour to get the full experience of the stories, history and lore that makes these remarkable gardens such a large part of the city’s cultural and aesthetic magnetism